This post contains an affiliate link. I make a small amount of money when some links are clicked or purchases are made after clicking links. This helps me to keep the blog running. I will never endorse products I don’t personally believe in. Thanks!
Well, it’s half way through January, so I figured it was about time for the first Things I Love Thursday of the New Year! Here is some stuff I’ve been loving lately.
1. To kick things off, here’s something that fits in really well with the TILT theme. Last year, my friend Sarah made a “good things” jar, which was a jar in which she put slips of paper throughout the year, with good things written on them as the occurred. She shared each thing with us on New Year’s Day, and encouraged us all to make our own “good things” jar this year, so that we can all share them on New Year’s Day next year. I thought this was a great idea, since our memories tend to record lots of the bad things that happened to us, but let the good things slip into obscurity, especially if they were small bits of happiness rather than big achievements. I plan on making one, and I encourage you all to make one as well! You can write down anything good that happens to you in a day, which you might want to remember later on. You could read them all at the end of the day, or pull one out when you are having a rough day and feel like nothing good ever happens to you.
2. I kicked off the New Year by taking a trip out toward Snoqualmie Pass with my boyfriend for a day in the snow! Read more about it and see more pictures of our gorgeous hike.
3. This llama rug. What the heck. It’s so cute. And it’s only $24! (actually $18 because it’s 25% off right now!) The only problem is it’s only 2″x3″ and I’m not sure where it would fit, but I was thinking maybe it would be equally good (if not better!) as a wall hanging! What do you think?
4. One of my favorite blogs, Scathingly Brilliant posted it’s last post a few days ago. Obviously I don’t love that the blog has come to an end, but I am happy that Kate is focusing on her art, which is her main love, and that she’ll still be blogging at her portfolio site. So here’s to endings and the beginnings that they allow for. I’m sad that Scathingly Brilliant will be no more, but I’m excited to see what Kate has in store for us in the future and I wish her the best of luck!
5. I finally paid off my student loan from cosmetology school. It took 10 years and my retirement from the industry, but it’s officially paid off! It will be nice to not have that chunk coming out of my bank account every month, especially since I don’t really have any extra money these days. Also, since I am only employed part-time at the moment, I’ve decided to use the extra time I have to focus on my blog and on freelance writing! I would love to make enough money from home-based ventures to be able to travel, because that’s my one biggest passion.
6. This Charming Charlie is a tumblr account that someone recently shared with me, which is a mashup of Peanuts cartoons and The Smiths/Morrissey lyrics. I’m a big Smiths/Morrissey fan (the blog name Brighter Sides even came from a Smiths song!) so I thought these were delightful.
I hope you’re all having a great week and your new year is off to a wonderful start as well! Thanks for reading, and feel free to leave me a comment! I love comments :)