Life & Style blog of a Seattle artist, hairstylist, and social media pro

Outfit Of The Day – Interview Ready (Plus Halloween!)

Gosh, it’s been a while since I did an outfit post! I thought I’d be taking a lot more outfit photos since moving to Oklahoma, but most of my clothing is still packed and I’ve been wearing the same stuff (t-shirts and jeans) over and over. But on Halloween, I had a job interview (my first one in about 10 years!) so I thought I’d go ahead and have Rachael take some photos for me!

outfit of the day - interview 2

outfit of the day - interview 3

In these first couple shots, I was watching Marni (one of the dogs) running like crazy around the yard, getting in to stuff and playing with a ball that was bigger than her head. She cracks me up. Marni was a little curious about what I was doing too and decided to join me :)

outfit of the day - interview 5

outfit of the day - interview 6

No septum ring for the first time in 10 years too! I feel like my face looks naked without it. I have a retainer in right now, but ooooh does it feel weird! I hope I can find one that fits a little bit tighter so it will be more comfortable to wear. I constantly want to mess with it right now.

outfit of the day - interview 7

outfit of the day - interview 8

I looooooove these Chelsea Crew shoes and I’ve only ever worn them once before. I’m always afraid I’ll get them dirty, which I probably would.

Outfit details: Knit top (sold out, similar) // Plaid skirt, borrowed (similar) (similar) // Acorn necklace, borrowed (similar)// Hudson Watch by Michael Kors //Tights from Modcloth // Susan Oxfords by Chelsea Crew(similar)

Pretty much everything I’m wearing here I borrowed from Rachael except for the tights and shoes. I’ve made a little more progress with getting my clothing unpacked since then. You can see me wearing the same necklace in this previous outfit post as well. And Rachael wore this skirt and watch in her outfit post last Thanksgiving.

raccoon costume

Annnnd at the last minute I decided to be a raccoon for Halloween. I had a fluffy striped tail too, but half of the kids still thought I was a cat. One of my favorite trick-or-treaters was a little boy (maybe 3 years old?) who was dressed as a kitty, and since he thought I was one too, he had a chat with me about what kitties say. Too adorable. I also enjoyed the little girl dressed as Batman – complete with huge pecs and abs built in, The half-werewolf-half-zombie boy, and the wizard who used the expelliarmus charm on us. I just watched all of the Harry Potter series for the first time, so I fully appreciated that.

How was your halloween? What did you all do and dress up as?

P.S. I got the job!

By Kelsi Eldredge

25 Responses to “Outfit Of The Day – Interview Ready (Plus Halloween!)”

1. Marilyn says:

There are so many things CUTE about this post. I love how you did your raccoon makeup and your outfit – love! Congratulations on getting the job!
    Marilyn recently posted..October In InstagramMy Profile

• kelsismellsi says:

Thank you! My roommate laughed at me for having pictures of actual racoons pulled up on my iPad while I was doing my makeup, haha.

2. Traci says:

Congrats on the job!! and I can totally tell you’re a raccoon :)
    Traci recently posted..Friday’s LettersMy Profile

3. Gentri says:

Congratulations on the job!! :D That costume is fantastic! Best cat costume I’ve seen. :)
    LOVE this outfit too!

4. You look amazing!! I really like this outfit. The colors are beautiful, they make me happy. Congratulations on the job!! xo

5. Nessbow says:

Congratulations on your new job! I adore your raccoon costume. This year for Halloween I dressed up as Corpse Bride. It was loads of fun, but I’m still washing blue paint out of my hair.
    Nessbow recently posted..Daily outfit 6/11/2012My Profile

6. What a simple but fantastic costume. I love it. ION, congrats on your new job. Hope you have fun at it.
    Ritah Stunton recently posted..Kim Kardashian Placed Under Permanent Surveillance by FansMy Profile

7. katrina says:

Congrats on the job! Your interview outfit is really cute and so perfect for the fall. I may be having some yellow sweater envy right about now :)

Glad to hear you had an awesome Halloween. Your raccoon makeup is AWESOME!
    katrina recently posted..An apple a dayMy Profile

8. Ashleen Moreen says:

You look even better in that outfit. The combination of the colors and the shoes are perfect. I love it so much!
    By the way I think you look like even better in that make up :).
    Ashleen Moreen recently posted..Timber Sliding Doors To Make Best Use Of The Space In Your HomeMy Profile

9. what a super cute preppy look! congrats for the job <3

Love,
    Pudding Monster

10. Angel says:

Wow you look so perfect in this outfit! Love everything, especially the shoes!
    Angel recently posted..Cap-capMy Profile

11. Helen says:

You make such a cute raccoon!
    Helen recently posted..5 good thingsMy Profile

12. You look darling! I love seeing gals embrace mustard/marigold colors… it’s so wonderful and so many people shy away from it. You’ve mixed it up in a beautiful way!
    Ashe @ Ash in Fashion recently posted..The Big Life “Reboot”My Profile

13. [...] me? See: Already Pretty. Wardrobe Oxygen. Dedicated Follower of Fashion.  The Clothes Horse. Brighter Sides. Rachel_Emma. Michaela. AnnikaVictoria. Even Dapper on Gents – Little Adventurer.)I’ve [...]