I got this idea for this pear bruschetta from an appetizer that Rachael and I had at Urban Wineworks in Oklahoma City. It’s a sweeter twist on the classic. This recipe only takes 4 ingredients and a few minutes to prepare, and it’s super yummy! (It happens to be vegetarian!)
- French baguette
- Swiss Cheese
Here’s what you do:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Slice your baguette about 1/2″ thick, or buy pre-sliced if you are lazy like me.
- Put slices on a cookie sheet and bake for about 2 minutes or until slightly toasty.
- Slice pear and cheese into thin pieces approximately as big as your baguette slices.
- Spread honey on toasted baguette slices, and then add pear slice and top with cheese.
- Broil on low for about 2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!
Bruschetta so quick to make that you can prepare just a few pieces for a snack or a whole bunch for a party. Play around with different amounts of the ingredients to see how you like it best. I personally don’t like a lot of honey because it gets really sweet really quickly. I think next time I would have thicker slices of pear and cheese though.
If you try this out, please comment and let me know what you think!