This post contains an affiliate link. I make a small amount of money when some links are clicked or purchases are made after clicking links. This helps me to keep the blog running. I will never endorse products I don’t personally believe in. Thanks!
I feel like a lot has happened in the past couple weeks since my last TILT! I’ve definitely been busy. Here are just a few things that have put a smile on my face.
1. Last week there was a solar flare that made the Northern Lights visible to much more of the Northern Hemisphere than it normally is. A few of us made a trek out East to Rattlesnake Ledge to look at the lights by the lake. Unfortunately, we didn’t get much of a show, just a couple streaks of whitish light marked the sky. But it was still clear and the stars were beautiful, and it was still a lovely little trip with good company and good food and drinks. And now we know a great place for a sunset picnic before the weather gets too cold. Here’s what it didn’t look like, but I wish it had looked like, for those unfamiliar with the Northern Lights.
Photo source: Moyan Brenn on Flickr
2. I started a new job and I really like it! I’m still working part time at the salon, but now I’m also working part time at a boutique that is a short walk from my house. It’s fun and everyone there is really great. I’ve never had a job that I could walk to before, and taking two hours off of my commute every day REALLY makes a big difference! I was sad to leave my other part time job at the antique mall, but the time and money I will save makes it worth it.
3. My boyfriend and I just booked a little cabin on the coast in La Push for a couple of days at the beginning of October and I am SO EXCITED to get out of town! I haven’t been able to travel since last Christmas when I went home to visit my family. As much as I am enamored of the ocean, this will also be my very first trip to the Olympic Peninsula. I found a great sitter for Bruno on Dog Vacay again (see my post about Dog Vacay here) – Unfortunately the lovely lady that he stayed with before was unavailable, but I think he’ll be very happy with this new sitter for a few days.
Photo source: Pascal Weber on Flickr
4. ModCloth is having another 70% off sale and just in time! Since starting this new job, I’ve felt that my wardrobe is very lacking and I was just about to place an order there when they marked down a ton of gorgeous stuff! Check out what I ended up buying!
5. One of my awesome sponsors, Bubble Cat is offering readers of Brighter Sides (that’s you) a 20% discount this month! Go check out all of their cute jewelry and other goodies (my favorite is this peeking cat keychain) and then use the code BRIGHTER (all caps) at checkout to get your discount!
Did you get to see the Northern Lights? Have you been cleaning up in the ModCloth sale? Tell me what you’ve been up to the past couple weeks in the comments!
By Kelsi Eldredge